Biohacking Tools You’ve Never Heard Of, Time-Hacked Workouts & More!
Two years ago, in the post, “11 Indispensable Lessons I Learned From The Biohacker’s Handbook Of Exercise,” I introduced you to my biohacking friends from Finland – a pioneer of holistic medicine in Finland, human technology and self-quantification specialist, Teemu Arina; superfood hunter and nutritionist, Jaakko Halmetoja; as well as Dr. Olli Sovijärvi, MD.
Then, just a few months ago, in the article “14 Biohacking Secrets I Discovered In The Brand New Biohacker’s Handbook,” I announced that their entire, 544-page “Biohacker’s Handbook”—an absolutely stellar read jam-packed with tips, tricks, and hacks I’d never before seen—had been released in the English language and is the ultimate addition to any health, fitness, and nutrition enthusiast’s coffee table or bookshelf (if you’re in the US, you can pre-order here and use 10% code BEN to save).
In that article, I shared with you 14 biohacking secrets I gleaned from the brand new beautiful hardcover book, which my guests on today’s show – the authors of the book – describe as the “definitive guide to upgrading yourself and unleashing your inner potential.” Five years in making, Biohacker’s Handbook: Upgrade Yourself and Unleash Your Inner Potential has more than 540+ pages, 1560+ references, and hundreds of illustrations. It is “the missing manual of the human body” and an essential addition to the library, work desk, kitchen, gym, suitcase, and bedroom of anyone with a genuine interest in optimal human performance, health, and well-being. You can click here to get the new book, and use code: BEN for a 10% discount.
The same guys who wrote the book also put on the extremely popular Biohacker Summit in global hotspots such as Helsinki, Stockholm, Estonia, London, and Toronto—summits where I’ve personally spoken and where many brands have hit it big for the first time, including Four Sigmatic, Oura, Goodio, and Ambronite. Biohacker Summit is one of the top optimal human performance & health conferences on the planet that focuses on combining ancestral living with modern biohacking practices.
The upcoming Biohacker Summit 2019 is the 5th year anniversary edition that will be organized on 1-2 November 2019 in Helsinki, Finland with the theme “Optimize Your Day 24/7” and includes a wild-plant foraged VIP dinner, upgraded parties, a fantastic expo floor to play with new biohacking devices, and much more. You can click here and use code: BEN for 10% off tickets to this upcoming summit in Helsinki, Finland.
You can also get a bundle of videos from all previous summits by clicking here (use 10% discount code: BEN).
My first guest on this show, in which we take a deep dive into Biohacker’s Handbook, is Dr. Olli Sovijärvi. He is one of the pioneers of holistic medicine in Finland. In 2006 he graduated from the University of Helsinki with a Licentiate degree in Medicine. In 2010–2011 Dr. Sovijärvi completed an integral theory degree at John F. Kennedy University, focusing on psychology and philosophy. For the first five years of his career as a physician, Dr. Sovijärvi was employed by Finland’s first medical recruitment agency. He has worked at nearly 50 different clinics and ERs around Finland. Dr. Sovijärvi has also acted as consultant to various companies and service providers operating in the fields of wellness and health technology. Between 2013–18, Dr. Sovijärvi practiced medicine at a private clinic that specializes in nutrition and holistic health care. At present, Sovijärvi focuses primarily on the production of scientific content for preventive health care and wellbeing. He is a co-author of the Biohacker’s handbook and co-founder of Biohacking Center. He also runs training sessions and presentations on the topics of biohacking, performance optimization, nutritional issues, and maintaining the intestinal balance. In his free time, he is an exercise enthusiast and an electronic music DJ.
Teemu Arina, my other guest, has a professional career of two decades as a technology entrepreneur, author, professional speaker, and biohacker. Mr. Arina is one of the forefront thinkers on the digital transformation of learning, work, leadership, health, and—eventually—the future of humanity. His work focuses on studying the intersection of man and machine and ways to improve productivity, health, and wellbeing with biological and technological tools. He is a co-author of the Biohacker’s Handbook, co-founder of Biohacking Center and curator of Biohacker Summit. In 2015 he received the Leonardo Award under the title “Humanity in digitization,” in 2016 he was selected as Top 100 Most Influential People In IT, in 2017 Speaker of the Year by Speakersforum, and in 2018 Leadership Trainer of the Year by Turku School of Economics. In his free time, Teemu enjoys foraging, photography, and hiking.
During our discussion, you’ll discover:
-Why Olli doesn’t use an alarm clock to wake up…12:30
-Why Teemu is fascinated by birch and maple sap…20:30
-Dynamic coffee blends, chocamine powder, the best way to make ghee and more…32:00
-The efficacy of slapping one’s self with birch leaves in the sauna…45:30
-Some unique hacks for the workplace…51:40
-Evening and sleep routines…53:00
-“Stacks” that Olli and Teemu use…1:14:05
-And much more…
Resources from this episode:
– Click here to get the new Biohackers Handbook, and use code: BEN for a 10% discount.
– You can get a bundle of videos from all previous Biohacker Summits by clicking here (use 10% discount code: BEN).
– You can also click here and use code: BEN for 10% off tickets to the upcoming summit in Helsinki, taking place Nov 1-2, 2019 in Finland.
– Olli’s testosterone hacking guide (use 10% discount code: BEN)
– Olli’s deep sleep optimization guide (use 10% discount code: BEN)
– Ambronite meal replacement (use code: BENGREENFIELD for a 20% discount)
– Neurosonic vibration tool (Use code: BIOHACKER for a 5% discount on the device)
– Powerplate vibration plate
– Black LED light blocking tape
– JOOVV Go (use code: BEN for a free gift at checkout)
– Optimal business man’s workout “stack”: Vibration plate + electrical muscle stimulation + X3Bar + elevation training mask + cacao/coffee/cordyceps/beetroot juice for business man’s workouts during breaks
– : My personal playground for new supplement formulations, Kion blends ancestral wisdom with modern science. Ben Greenfield Fitness listeners receive a 10% discount off your entire order when you use discount code: BGF10.
– : Now you can get all your healthy superfoods in one glass…with No Shopping, No Blending, No Juicing, and No Cleanup. Get a 20% discount on your entire order when you use discount code: BENG20
– Hyperice: Hyperice is offering free shipping on all orders over $99 AND a chance to win the full recovery kit from Hyperice! You’ll be entered to win the full Hyperice recovery kit when you enter code: BEN
– : Quality is our Gimmick isn’t just our slogan, it’s a commitment we honor with every stitch we sew. 100% money back guarantee. Get 10% off your order, PLUS free shipping on any order over $99 when you use discount code: BENG.
Do you have questions, thoughts or feedback for Teemu, Olli or me? Leave your comments below and one of us will reply!
Ask Ben a Podcast Question
This content was originally published here.