BUT, I wanted my Keto Cinnabon to be higher in fat than most of the Satisfying muffins in the cookbook, more in line with ketogenic macros (60%-75% calories from fat, 15%-30% calories from protein, and 5%-10% calories from carbs or less)
So I experimented, and subjected my poor husband to mug muffin after mug muffin, until I finally landed on the the perfect combo of ingredients+ cooking time!
One note: I prefer recipes a bit sweeter than a lot of people do. So feel free to back the sweetener off a bit if you don’t have a fiery sweet tooth like I do! Also, I am a Cinnamon fanatic, so feel free to cut the Cinnamon in the recipe in half, if you’re not.
My Keto Cinnamon Roll recipe is a THM:S, Ketogenic, Low Carb, Grain Free, and Gluten Free.
- 599 calories
- 6 g net carbs
- 57.2 g fat
- 14.4 g protein
Before we get into the recipe, if you are new to Trim Healthy Mama, I highly encourage you to read my Trim Healthy Mama 101 post. This will get you started with Trim Healthy Mama, introduce you to some of the terms I use, and help you enjoy food freedom while keeping confusion to a minimum!
Keto Cinnamon Roll in a Mug
- For the Cinnamon Roll
- 3 T Almond Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (less if desired)
- 1 T Truvia
- 2 T Melted Butter
- 1 Egg
- For the Icing:
- 1 oz Full-Fat Cream Cheese
- ½ T Truvia
- For the Butter Glaze
- 1 T Butter, melted
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ T Truvia
- Melt 2 T of butter in a large mug or small Pyrex dish (like in the pictures above.
- Add in the Almond Flour, Baking Powder, Cinnamon, Truvia, Egg and mix well.
- Microwave on high for 90 second. The mug cinnamon roll will puff up, but don’t worry – it won’t spill over!
- When the microwave beeps, use a fork to loosen the cinnamon roll (it will have pulled away from the sides, so focus on the bottom) then flip onto a plate.
- Melt the butter for the Butter Glaze, then add the Cinnamon and Truvia to it and mix well. Pour the glaze over the mug cinnamon roll for added sweetness, texture, and moisture.
- In the mug or Pyrex bowl, microwave the cream cheese for 30 seconds on half power, or until you hear the cream cheese start to crackle in the microwave. Add in the ½ T Truvia and mix well, then top the Copycat Cinnabon with this cream cheese “icing”
- Enjoy warm!
Whip this Keto Cinnamon Roll up in less than a minute, microwave it for 90 seconds, and enjoy!
Get my Fall Beverage eBook!
All THM-friendly drinks, hot and cold!
This content was originally published here.